Saturday, May 25, 2013

Kokosanki


Sweet memory from childhood. 
Yet, another one :o)
Whenever my mom would buy coconut macaroons, I was literally in heaven!
In Poland they are called "kokosanki".
Cute name, huh? :o)
Well, today I made some, and after tasting/sampling/stuffing my mouth with them, I'm ready to share the recipe with you. 
Warning: pure sweetness!
 
Kokosanki
Yield: around 15 macaroons 
Recipe from "Good Housekeeping" magazine, modified (I didn't dip macaroons in chocolate)

2 1/2 c. sweetened coconut flakes
2/3 c. sweetened condensed milk
1/3 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt

1. Preheat oven to 350º F and grease a cookie sheet.
2. Stir dry ingredients first, then add condensed milk and vanilla.
3. Drop spoonfuls of batter onto a cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 15 min or until golden on bottoms.
4. Let cool. I didn't... :o) They taste the best cold, but who cares... 




No comments:

Post a Comment