|Bigos (Hunter's stew) and sausages at our Polish wedding:))|
I definitely miss having a large selection of flavorful Polish sausages, so what's left is searching for Polish and European stores.
- kabanosy (kabanos - singular form) - dried, very thin, usually long sausage - great for snacking, often served as appetizer.
- kiełbasa krakowska - smoked, thick sausage - served sliced, on bread, topped with tomatoes, seasoned with salt & pepper.
- kiełbasa myśliwska (Hunter's sausage) - smoked and dried sausage with characteristic taste and aroma of juniper - great with bread.
- biała kiełbasa - white sausage - served with traditional Easter soup "żurek" ("żur") or baked with onions; can be served with horseradish sauce.
- kaszanka/kiszka - black sausage, blood sausage - served grilled or fried with caramelized onions, slice of bread, ketchup and mustard, often with sauerkraut.
|Tradition - Polish sausage by the campfire...|
And sound of the guitar....