Wednesday, January 18, 2012

In a mood for some cookies. Kruche ciasteczka.


This one is for all who deserve a title of a Cookie Monster - "Ciasteczkowy Potwór"!
Holidays or not, there is always a good excuse to make a batch of cookies!
My favorite are "kruche ciasteczka" - shortbread cookies.
With milk, tea, coffee... or without! :o)
I choose a cup of hot black tea... I L.O.V.E. my tea!
Typical recipe for shortbread cookies calls for four basic ingredients such as butter, flour, sugar and vanilla.
All my Polish cook books call for egg yolks too, so today I am sharing with you a five-ingredient recipe for shortbread cookies. I guess, a pinch of salt doesn't really count - it's "a pinch" :O)
And one more thing: these cookies are the best in their SIMPLE way.
What you see on my photos is a "holiday" version. Trust me, no toppings are needed :)

Recipe (makes 18-20 cookies):
1 1/2 cup flour,
1/2 cup powdered sugar,
150 g butter or margarine = 1 stick + 4 Tbsp,
2 yolks,
pinch of salt,
vanilla sugar (1 packet=16 g).
*If you wish to give your cookies a different flavor, you can add 1-2 tsp cocoa or 1-2 tsp cinnamon or grinded nuts - choice is yours.
*Make sure to use cold butter and eggs.

  • Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
  • Add small pieces of cold butter and egg yolks. Mix until combined.
  • Knead a dough and form a ball. Wrap it in a plastic foil and leave in refrigerator for at least 60 minutes.
  • Preheat oven to 350º F. 
  • Roll out the dough on floured surface (use just a little bit of flour) until 1/4 inch (3 mm) thick and cut cookies with any cookie cutter.
  • Place cookies 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-12 minutes.
  • 
    Smacznego!


1 comment: