Nice for a change.
This ricotta pancakes (like all possible pancakes) are on the top of my breakfast/dessert list.
Serve them with blueberry/strawberry syrup, jam, maple syrup or with sugar only.
Ricotta pancakes with almond flavor:
Yield: 18 small pancakes
1 container (425 g) ricotta cheese,
4 eggs, yolks and whites separated,
1-2 Tbsp sugar,
10 Tbsp flour,
1 tsp almond extract (or vanilla),
1 packet (16 g) almond sugar,
your favorite toppings.
|Almond sugar. Thank you Mamus :o)|
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- In a separate bowl, mix ricotta cheese, egg yolks, sugar, almond sugar and almond extract.
- Add flour and egg whites to the ricotta cheese mixture and mix gently until all ingredients are well combined.
- Place full tablespoons of batter on the greased skillet. Fry until golden on both sides (I usually flip pancakes 3 times and flatten them with spatula).
- Serve with favorite toppings.