TARTA TRUSKAWKOWA / STRAWBERRY TART
150 g flour,
100 g cold butter (cubed),
50 g powdered sugar,
1 egg yolk,
pinch of salt,
*1 Tbsp cream (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and form a ball. Leave in the fridge for 30 min.
- Roll out the dough and place it in a baking pan. Pierce with a fork before baking.
- Bake for 15-20 min at 400º F.
3 Tbsp strawberry jam,
1 lb strawberries,
strawberry jelly, glaze or jam for coating the fruit
- Cool tart in a pan and spread jam on the bottom.
- Arrange strawberries and coat them with strawberry jelly (liquid form), strawberry jam or fruit glaze.
- Let cool in a fridge.
- Jam can be replaced with cream cheese (1 box of cream cheese combined with 1/4 cup powdered sugar).
- Sliced strawberries are easier to work with when cutting and serving a tart.
- You can also use blueberries/raspberries and choose corresponding jam flavor.
- This time, I didn't have any jam at home, so I made my own:
In a small saucepan, combine 1 lb strawberries with 3 Tbsp sugar and 1 Tbsp water. Cover with a lid and cook on medium heat for 15-20 min. Let cool completely.
"truskawka" - strawberry
"truskawki" - strawberries
"truskawkowa" ("tarta"- tart), "truskawkowy" ("smak"-flavor), "truskawkowe" ("lody" - ice cream) - adjective describing things that are "strawberry" - examples above ;-)
Have a strawberry summer / "truskawkowe lato" everyone! :o)